Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hurry up and wait...


Story of my life, thanks to the marine corps. Our latest waiting game involves us possibly moving to North Carolina for three years. We are waiting to hear back from Marine Headquarters if they need Aaron there for his upcoming and new job as a School of Infantry combat instructor. But we are told that
there is a 90% chance that it will happen. So I'm counting on it. I can honestly say, though, that I am excited. I have lived in the "OC" my whole life, and sometimes it feels like I have a lot of pressure pushing me down. I think it will be nice t
o start all over in NC. I look at it optimistically. It's an adventure! We may even buy a house out there and then sell it when we are ready to come back to socal.
Of course, I would be leaving my family and friends for a while, and that will be hard. Plus, Aaron and I want to start a family, and I know that if/when it happens, I'll want my mom. She'll have to save up her flyer miles!
North Carolina can't be too bad right? I mean really. Look at the scenery. We will be just as far away from the beach as we are now. Stoked for that! With my handy dandy canon 50D, you can expect that I will take a million and one pictures of the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment