Friday, April 15, 2011

Bridesmaid countdown...

57 days left to lose an undisclosed amount of weight ;) My brother-in-law and {soon to be} sister-in-law's wedding is on June 11! My dress is a gorgeous mermaid style{ish}, Tiffany's Blue dress with black lace around the bust area. So as you can imagine, it will be pretty tight. I need to lose a good chunk of my "stress weight" as I like to call it, by then. I say stress weight because once Aaron got home from the hospital, I began to totally stress eat. Getting through what happened to him in Afghanistan was a year long process. And it's still ongoing, and will forever be. BUT I am at a good place now to where I want to not only better my mental health, but also my physical health.

annnnd what better than a wedding with a tight dress that I have to wear to get me going?

what am I doing to get the weight off and tone up? 
running with the dogs at least a mile a day. Sometimes twice a day.
stretching
push ups {girl push ups for me}
leg lifts
squats
7 lb weights for arms. I do regular lifting and then punch the air with the weights in my hands. SUCH a good arm workout, by the way.
When my knee is hurting, I'll go on our elliptical for 30-40 mins instead of a long run with the dogs; don't worry, I do still take them to the dog park in that instance.

what am I eating?
From now until the wedding, I am cutting out bread and soda. I don't want to limit myself too much because that never works for me long term. So I am just giving myself two simple things to cut out. NO BREAD AND NO SODA. Oh also for the last two months I have been CHUGGING water everyday. It's sooo good for you, helps to curb cravings, AND gives you great hydrated skin.
One more thing I am going to do at home is anything that I make can't be bigger than one of my small tupperware containers. No, I'm not going to eat out of tupperware; just use it as a measurement. It's all about portion control people!

Anyway, this plan is specific for me personally. Everyone is different and everyone's body is different. You just have to find out what works best for you and try to stick with that. Although, implementing a lot of water into your daily routine is good for anyone. {another benefit to drinking a lot of water, is that it clears bacteria out of your urinary tract, so if keeps you from getting a UTI. yay!}

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment